Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's All Fun and Games

...until someone loses a tooth!

Notice anything missing here?

A few days ago I noticed that Bryce's top two front teeth were beginning to become loose.  They weren't real loose, just starting.  I figured it would be a few weeks still before he lost his two front teeth.  Well, it may have been that way except for the fact that today he got a little help with getting them out quickly.

Have you ever played Monkey in the Middle.  It's a game where there are 3 players, two on the outside and one in the middle.  The two on the outside throw a ball to each other and try to keep it away from the one in  the middle.  Well, this morning just after breakfast, I was in cleaning up the dishes and one of the boys said, Mom, Bryce's lip is bleeding.  Well, me being the great mom that I am, said okay and kept going with what I was doing. In my defense though, Bryce's lips often become chapped and I just figured that it was bleeding a little from that and that whoever had said that would just wipe it off for him.  

A couple of seconds later I heard a few things that caught my attention a bit more.  Things like, "hold his head to the side, so he doesn't choke on the blood." and "wow, that is a lot of blood!"  and "where is all that blood coming from?"  I grabbed some paper towels and quickly headed over to investigate.  

I went into the family room and saw Bryce with his mouth and chin covered in blood.  I quickly lifted him into my lap and began cleaning him up, trying to see where the blood was coming from.  I asked the boys what had happened and they said he got hit in the face with a ball.  What?!   I would ask more questions about that in a minute...once I figured out where the blood was coming from.  Then someone, I think it was John, asked if his tooth was missing.  I wiped his upper lip a little more, looked a little closer and sure enough, there was a tooth missing.  The boys looked on the floor where Bryce had been lying and there it was, a little tooth.  The tooth next to it is still attached, but I'm pretty sure it will be coming out very soon.  It is much looser than it was before!  Luckily these teeth were still baby teeth.

It ends up that the boys had decided to play Monkey in the Middle while they waited for General Conference to start.  They choose a soft ball "just in case it hit someone".  


Good plan!  Well, William was throwing it to Jacob and wanted to be sure Spencer couldn't get it, so he threw it nice and hard.  Let's just say, Spencer did not get the ball, but neither did Jacob!  Somehow the poor, innocent, other monkey who happened to be in the middle caught the ball...with his face! That is one way to get rid of some teeth fast!

He keeps moving that other tooth with his tongue, but puts up a stink if I try to get in there to get at it!

No comments: