Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cultural Celebration

We just finished watching the cultural celebration.  It was a fantastic performance.  Actually, that doesn't even begin to explain how I felt while watching it, but there really is no way to describe the performance tonight.  The spirit was so strong from the very beginning.  The prophet, Thomas S. Monson was there along with President Eyring.

I am anxiously awaiting William's arrival home now.  It will be good to hear what he thought about it.  He wasn't feeling too well before he left, so hopefully being out all evening in the pouring rain will not have made him feel any worse.  I can't wait to see him!  Even with all  the rain, I am so thankful that he had the opportunity to participate in this "once in a lifetime" event.

Now to look forward to the Gilbert Temple dedication tomorrow!  


Update  11:00pm:  William made it home just after 10pm.  He was wet from head to toe, soaked all the way through, and FREEZING!  He said that his legs were sore from shivering so much.  He looked absolutely miserable!  :(  I asked him if there was anything good about the evening or if it was just miserable.  He said, "It was just miserable.  I cried 5 times."  So sad.

He jumped into the warm bath that was waiting for him.  Then, since that didn't seem to be doing the trick, he just could not get warm, so he took a hot shower as well.  He dressed in warm PJs and came out and had some hot Cocoa with me and Jacob.  As we were drinking and talking, he did share some good things about the day, so I don't think it was all bad.  Maybe by tomorrow things will look even a little bit better.  I know President Eyring told the youth to go home and write about their experiences in their journals tonight.  I think it may be better if William waits for a day or two!  : )

One thing that he said though that made me laugh a bit was when I asked him if he had seen the prophet.  He said, no, I'm like 2 feet shorter than everyone around me and I couldn't really see anything."  Then he said, "but being shorter was actually a good thing in the rain because I could kind of duck behind the taller kids and not get hit as hard with the rain.  I did that a couple of times."  Now there is a positive way to look at it!    

 My poor sweet, wet boy...I just couldn't hug him and tell him enough how proud I was of him.  He can do hard things and survive!

No comments: